Benefits Street: Producer Kieran Smith denies bribery claims
Kieran Smith, producer of Channel 4's Benefits Street, told Pete Morgan he is proud of the controversial show set in Birmingham and what it says about Britain.
The second episode of Channel 4 programme Benefits Street revealed 14 Romanian men living in the same house on James Turner Street in Birmingham. The men said they wished they had never come to the UK.
Kieran spoke to Pete Morgan about the show and answered questions over claims producers had bribed people on James Turner Street with money and food to appear on the show.
Available since: Tue 14 Jan 2014
More clips from 14/01/2014
More clips from Pete Morgan at Breakfast
- Avril Child speaks about her daughter Sarah who was killed by a car driving above the speed limit. Duration: 08:27 An axe attack in Brum, bus passes and helping to prevent suicide.
- Terry Burton, WBA's Technical Director answers critics Duration: 09:07
- BBC WM Daz Hale reveals he has had a mini-stroke Duration: 05:03 Airports, strokes and street robberies.
- Stephen Sutton's story Duration: 12:51 Saint Georges Day, the last wishes of a terminally ill cancer patient and Brinsford Young Offenders Institute's poor conditions
- Park View School governor calls Muslim plot claims "fictitious" Duration: 05:49 09/04/2014