The ancient craft of vellum-making
Master vellum makers of old were often kidnapped for their skils. Michael discovers why as he learns the basics of the craft.
Available since: Mon 13 Jan 2014
This clip is from
7/20 Michael visits Wolverton, the first purpose-built railway town, and learns to make vellum.
First broadcast: 14 Jan 2014
More clips from Great British Railway Journeys
- Grooming the Dorking chickens! Duration: 01:12 Series 5, Faversham to Dorking
- Gloucester Cathedral's Master Mason Duration: 01:11 Series 5, Chippenham to Gloucester
- Keeping the Severn Railway Tunnel safe Duration: 01:04 Series 5, Chippenham to Gloucester
- The Great Central Railway Duration: 01:02 Series 5, Leicester to Loughborough
- Tram Driving Duration: 01:11 Series 5, Manchester to Birkenhead