Why is there such stunning diversity on our planet?
Dr Alison Woollard unravels the mystery of life and reveals that the extraordinary diversity has all come about by genetic mutation.
Available since: Wed 8 Jan 2014
This clip is from
2/3 Why has evolution by natural selection given such stunning diversity on our planet?
First broadcast: 29 Dec 2013
More clips from Royal Institution Christmas Lectures
- How does a cell know when to die? Duration: 01:50 2013: Life Fantastic, Could I Live Forever?
- You are amazing! Duration: 01:47 2013: Life Fantastic, Where Do I Come From?
- Levitating Superconductors Duration: 02:05 2012: The Modern Alchemist, Earth: The Philosopher's Stone
- A Bigger Bang Duration: 01:22 2012: The Modern Alchemist, Water: The Fountain of Youth
- The Alchemist Discovers Phosphorus Duration: 02:14 2012: The Modern Alchemist, Air: The Elixir of Life