A guide to imperial measures - from barleycorn to Roman mile
More or Less presenter Tim Harford invites Number Hub mathematician Matt Parker to present his guide to the imperial measurement system. It all starts with the humble barleycorn.
Available since: Fri 3 Jan 2014
More clips from More or Less
- How many wedding guests should you invite? Duration: 02:21 The 50p tax rate
- Can you have too much pocket money? Duration: 00:55 The 50p tax rate
- Imperial versus metric Duration: 07:12 Strictly Voting Fiasco - Imperial Measures - Childhood Obesity - Knife-Crime Statistics
- A song about the world’s biggest prime number Duration: 01:57 Numbers of the year
- Is Scotland really home to a fifth of the world's redheads? Duration: 04:08 Are patients 45% more likely to die in NHS hospitals than US ones?