Jeremy Deller on Warhol and the freedom of art
HARDtalk speaks to artist Jeremy Deller. He tells Stephen Sackur about how Andy Warhol opened up a whole new world of freedom within the art world.
He acknowledges that Warhol’s focus on commodification of art could be seen as at odds with his approach of producing unique creative work, but argues that Warhol’s commitment to his own ideas and the freedom of art makes him a very attractive figure to many young artists.
Available since: Thu 19 Dec 2013
More clips from HARDtalk
- Jean Paul Gaultier reveals what he finds beautiful Duration: 03:14 Jean Paul Gaultier
- Streatfeild: We must learn lessons from Afghanistan Duration: 01:50 Major Richard Streatfeild
- State breeds violence in Rio says director Jose Padilha Duration: 03:31 Jose Padilha
- Brazil lost World Cup 'off the pitch' Duration: 03:24 Romario and Luis Fernandes
- Emmanuel Jal raps about his time as a child soldier Duration: 03:01 Emmanuel Jal