Jeremy Deller on Warhol and the freedom of art
HARDtalk speaks to artist Jeremy Deller. He tells Stephen Sackur about how Andy Warhol opened up a whole new world of freedom within the art world.
He acknowledges that Warhol’s focus on commodification of art could be seen as at odds with his approach of producing unique creative work, but argues that Warhol’s commitment to his own ideas and the freedom of art makes him a very attractive figure to many young artists.
Available since: Thu 19 Dec 2013
More clips from HARDtalk
- Islamic State: Will Turkey let Kobane fall? Duration: 03:39 Mehmet Fatih Ceylan
- 'Families want me to negotiate with IS, but I cannot' Duration: 02:46 Giandomenico Picco
- David Tang on Hong Kong protests Duration: 01:21 Sir David Tang
- 'No carbon tax for Australia' Duration: 02:37 Joe Hockey
- 'Russia will not integrate into the West' Duration: 02:39 Alexander Stubb