Jeremy Deller on Warhol and the freedom of art
HARDtalk speaks to artist Jeremy Deller. He tells Stephen Sackur about how Andy Warhol opened up a whole new world of freedom within the art world.
He acknowledges that Warhol’s focus on commodification of art could be seen as at odds with his approach of producing unique creative work, but argues that Warhol’s commitment to his own ideas and the freedom of art makes him a very attractive figure to many young artists.
Available since: Thu 19 Dec 2013
More clips from HARDtalk
- Eurozone 'wasted' two years Duration: 02:46 Peter Bofinger
- People do not mix in unequal societies says Prof Dorling Duration: 03:07 Danny Dorling
- Chrissie Hynde on 'blagging' confidence Duration: 02:12 Chrissie Hynde
- McCain: Putin 'rebuilding Russian empire' Duration: 03:07 John McCain
- Ukraine president on Russian threat Duration: 02:14 Petro Poroshenko