Jeremy Deller on Warhol and the freedom of art
HARDtalk speaks to artist Jeremy Deller. He tells Stephen Sackur about how Andy Warhol opened up a whole new world of freedom within the art world.
He acknowledges that Warhol’s focus on commodification of art could be seen as at odds with his approach of producing unique creative work, but argues that Warhol’s commitment to his own ideas and the freedom of art makes him a very attractive figure to many young artists.
Available since: Thu 19 Dec 2013
More clips from HARDtalk
- Moldova PM: There is nothing worse than 'uncertainty' Duration: 03:14 Iurie Leanca
- The wine collection with a Nazi past Duration: 01:50 On the Road: Moldova
- BBC exclusive interview with Hamas leader Khaled Meshaal Duration: 03:56
- Hamas is ‘threatening’ Palestinian civilians says Israel’s former deputy defence minister Duration: 04:04 Danny Danon
- 'There is still hope' says Bring Back Our Girls campaigner Duration: 03:56 Obiageli Ezekwesili