MP says sweatshop clothes should be labelled
Britain's first Bangladeshi MP has told 5 live Breakfast that clothes on sale on the high street need to come with a clear label to prove they are not made in deadly conditions.
Rushanara Ali, Labour MP for Bethnal Green and Bow, says it would stop consumers being left with "blood on their hands."
Available since: Tue 17 Dec 2013
This clip is from
5 live's breakfast programme with news, sport, weather and money reports.
More clips from 5 live Breakfast
- What's Wrong with Sugar? Duration: 01:34 Your Call, 05/05/2014
- Parents of Down's Syndrome twins: "Everyday is joyful" Duration: 03:25 Your Call, 21/03/2014
- Kate Bush's first live concerts for 35 years Duration: 02:59 21/03/2014
- Spamming Shakespeare Duration: 02:56 21/03/2014
- Peter Lawrence on his daughter Claudia Duration: 03:01 20/03/2014