'Iran uses terrorism as a tool of statecraft' says Senator Marco Rubio
Republican Senator Marco Rubio has told HARDtalk he fears an international agreement recently signed with Iran will allow it to keep pursuing nuclear weapons.
"Iran continues to be an active state sponsor of terrorism, they use terrorism as a tool of statecraft," he said.
"They continue to develop their long-range missile capabilities. You don't build those capabilities to deliver a conventional warhead," he added.
Senator Rubio is part of a bilateral congressional group that wants tougher sanctions against Iran. He is widely seen as a possible contender for the White House in 2016.
Available since: Thu 5 Dec 2013
More clips from HARDtalk
- IS 'direct result' of Assad's campaign in Syria - Ali Khedery Duration: 03:25 Ali Khedery
- 'No realm for reconciliation' with Islamic State Duration: 03:18 General Bishop Angaelos
- Abdullah Abdullah 'committed' to sharing power with Ghani Duration: 04:44 Abdullah Abdullah
- Dr Mads Gilbert: Life as a doctor in a Gaza hospital Duration: 03:11 Dr. Mads Gilbert
- Iraqi Kurds 'need weapons, not boots on ground' - Masrour Barzani Duration: 00:23 Masrour Barzani