'Iran uses terrorism as a tool of statecraft' says Senator Marco Rubio
Republican Senator Marco Rubio has told HARDtalk he fears an international agreement recently signed with Iran will allow it to keep pursuing nuclear weapons.
"Iran continues to be an active state sponsor of terrorism, they use terrorism as a tool of statecraft," he said.
"They continue to develop their long-range missile capabilities. You don't build those capabilities to deliver a conventional warhead," he added.
Senator Rubio is part of a bilateral congressional group that wants tougher sanctions against Iran. He is widely seen as a possible contender for the White House in 2016.
Available since: Thu 5 Dec 2013
More clips from HARDtalk
- Streatfeild: We must learn lessons from Afghanistan Duration: 01:50 Major Richard Streatfeild
- State breeds violence in Rio says director Jose Padilha Duration: 03:31 Jose Padilha
- Brazil lost World Cup 'off the pitch' Duration: 03:24 Romario and Luis Fernandes
- Emmanuel Jal raps about his time as a child soldier Duration: 03:01 Emmanuel Jal
- Ukraine PM: 'We will retaliate against Russian aggression' Duration: 02:08 Arseniy Yatsenyuk