The origins of Mary Poppins
PL Travers always denied that she came up with the idea of Mary Poppins. Rather she was a character that blew into her mind fully formed.
Available since: Thu 28 Nov 2013
This clip is from
Victoria Coren Mitchell explores the complex life of Mary Poppins author PL Travers.
First broadcast: 30 Nov 2013
More clips from The Secret Life of Mary Poppins: A Culture Show Special
More clips from The Culture Show
- Henri Matisse Duration: 02:23 2013/2014, Henri Matisse - A Cut Above the Rest
- The cut outs Duration: 01:59 2013/2014, Henri Matisse - A Cut Above the Rest
- Best actress Duration: 01:33 2013/2014, Forget the Oscars, Here are the Kermodes
- Best foreign film Duration: 02:06 2013/2014, Forget the Oscars, Here are the Kermodes
- Unravelling the Mystery Duration: 02:27 The Lost Portrait of Bonnie Prince Charlie: A Culture Show Special