Introduction to Two Tribes
Dominic Sandbrook examines the Cold War years. In the 1970s and '80s, as the end of the world seemed a real possibility, everything from sport to music became weapons.
Available since: Tue 26 Nov 2013
This clip is from
3/3 How in the 1970s and '80s, everything from sport to music became weapons in the Cold War.
First broadcast: 26 Nov 2013
More clips from Two Tribes
More clips from Strange Days: Cold War Britain
- The Cuban Missile Crisis Duration: 05:39 Learning Zone
- Hungary and the Suez Canal in 1956 Duration: 04:59 Learning Zone
- Winston Churchill’s Iron Curtain speech in 1946 Duration: 06:15 Learning Zone
- Margaret Thatcher – The Iron Lady Duration: 06:57 Learning Zone
- Ronald Reagan's 'Ash Heap of History' speech in 1982 Duration: 04:13 Learning Zone