Ajwad 's story narrated by Chris Evans
Ajwad is on the waiting list for a kidney transplant. Meanwhile, he receives dialysis at Birmingham Children's Hospital three times a week. It takes ages, it's boring and lonely.
BBC Children in Need helps support Singing Medicine, who perform for seriously ill children like Ajwad. He really looks forward to it every Friday. It gives children a break from the monotony of hospital, calms them down, helps their breathing, and gives them confidence and a chance to express themselves.
Available since: Fri 22 Nov 2013
This clip is from
Supporting over 2,600 projects, working 365 days a year, all over the United Kingdom.
Hear the stories of some of the children helped by BBC Children in Need, thanks to you.
More clips from BBC Children in Need
- Sam and Mark visit Taking the Reins Duration: 02:25
- Greenwich Powerchair Football Club Duration: 02:41
- 2013 Campaign reaches record total of £49.6 million! Duration: 00:32
- Helping children smile throughout the UK Duration: 02:11
- The Chris Evans Breakfast Show's Vassos visits Richard House Duration: 02:22