Ajwad 's story narrated by Chris Evans
Ajwad is on the waiting list for a kidney transplant. Meanwhile, he receives dialysis at Birmingham Children's Hospital three times a week. It takes ages, it's boring and lonely.
BBC Children in Need helps support Singing Medicine, who perform for seriously ill children like Ajwad. He really looks forward to it every Friday. It gives children a break from the monotony of hospital, calms them down, helps their breathing, and gives them confidence and a chance to express themselves.
Available since: Fri 22 Nov 2013
This clip is from
Supporting over 2,600 projects, working 365 days a year, all over the United Kingdom.
Hear the stories of some of the children helped by BBC Children in Need, thanks to you.
More clips from BBC Children in Need
- Easy Fundraising with Pudsey Bear Duration: 01:10
- Terry Wogan's Gala Lunch and Auction for BBC Children in Need 2013 Duration: 09:34
- Cerrie from CBeebies visits our Jump up and Dance competition winning nursery! Duration: 01:31
- Misha B designs a cushion for BBC Children in Need Duration: 01:43
- Tommy Sandhu meets the London Tigers Duration: 02:39