The BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards
Mark Radcliffe announces that the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards are to return on Wednesday 19 February 2014.
The awards, which celebrate their 15th anniversary in 2014, will see some of the biggest names in folk music come together under one roof to celebrate the UK’s thriving folk music scene.
This year’s awards will see the addition of a new element - the Radio 2 Folk Awards Hall of Fame which will recognise the special contribution of an individual to the world of folk music; someone whose impact and influence has had a lasting impression.
Nominees for the Folk Award categories will be announced by Mark in the Folk Show November 20 at 7pm.
The categories include: Folk Singer of the Year, Best Duo, Best Group, Best Album, Horizon Award, Musician of the Year, Best Original Song, Best Traditional Track and BBC Radio 2 Young Folk Award. The awards show will also include the presentation of Lifetime Achievement and Good Tradition Awards.
Available since: Wed 20 Nov 2013
More clips from John Grisham
More clips from Simon Mayo Drivetime
- Jo Nesbo talks to Simon Mayo Duration: 18:20 The Radio 2 Book Club with Jo Nesbo
- Simon Mayo chats to the amazing Wilko Johnson Duration: 02:23 Featuring guitarist Wilko Johnson
- Michael Palin talks to Simon Mayo Duration: 16:47 Featuring Michael Palin
- Frank Skinner joins Simon Mayo in the studio Duration: 19:19 Featuring comedian Frank Skinner
- Jemaine Clement talks to Simon Mayo Duration: 12:29 With Jemaine Clement