Sam and Ember's story, told by Miranda Hart
Sam, now 12, is one of triplets who were born premature. But unlike his brother Edward and sister Isobelle, he would 'start' when his parents approached his cot so they knew something was wrong. Tests showed that he was profoundly deaf and that he would react that way because he couldn't hear them coming.
Thanks to your help Sam now has Ember! Ember is a highly trained hearing dog from Hearing Dogs for Deaf Children. The black labrador supports Sam in his daily life, helping him have a happy childhood doing the things other children his age can do, and alerting him of any danger.
Available since: Tue 19 Nov 2013
This clip is from
Supporting over 2,600 projects, working 365 days a year, all over the United Kingdom.
Hear the stories of some of the children helped by BBC Children in Need, thanks to you.
More clips from BBC Children in Need
- Easy Fundraising with Pudsey Bear Duration: 01:10
- Terry Wogan's Gala Lunch and Auction for BBC Children in Need 2013 Duration: 09:34
- Cerrie from CBeebies visits our Jump up and Dance competition winning nursery! Duration: 01:31
- Misha B designs a cushion for BBC Children in Need Duration: 01:43
- Tommy Sandhu meets the London Tigers Duration: 02:39