Matthew Sweet explores the career of Nobel Prize-winning novelist Doris Lessing, October 2007
11 October 2007: With the announcement that Doris Lessing had won the Nobel Prize for Literature, Matthew Sweet was joined by the novelist Lisa Appignanesi and the critic Elaine Showalter to explore Lessing's long and varied career, from The Grass is Singing in 1950 to The Cleft earlier this year.
Available since: Mon 18 Nov 2013
This clip is from
Radio 3’s flagship arts programme until 2013. Over 350 editions available in the archive.
More clips from Night Waves
- David Adjaye Duration: 08:37 The Passenger, David Adjaye
- "It changed my way of thinking about acting" - Richard Wilson on Yasujiro Ozu's Tokyo Story Duration: 00:31 Landmarks: Tokyo Story
- Actor Richard Wilson's film recommendation Duration: 00:19 Landmarks: Tokyo Story
- Landmark: Lawrence of Arabia, June 2008 Duration: 43:36 Peter O'Toole Appreciation, Genetics and Education, Japan at Christmas, Dragons
- Peter O'Toole in Lawrence of Arabia, the 50th Anniversary, December 2012 Duration: 15:59 Peter O'Toole Appreciation, Genetics and Education, Japan at Christmas, Dragons