The multi-award winning actor Meryl Streep on her role in The French Lieutenant’s Woman.
She considers the subtlety of thoughts and emotions captured on film, perfecting her English accent and how motherhood has changed her.
Available since: Wed 4 Nov 1981
Highlights from the archive since 1946
More clips from Woman's Hour
- Dame Maude McCarthy Duration: 09:06 Jackie Kay, Drug Mules, Dame Maud McCarthy, Gender Pay Gap
- 'Helen' on what it's like losing children into care Duration: 01:23 Sharing holidays; Commonwealth sportswomen; Supporting mothers when children end up in care
- Nadine Gordimer Duration: 11:04 Weekend Woman's Hour
- Social Kissing Duration: 02:28 Women bishops; Schools and mental health; Parks; Social kissing
- Introverts and Extroverts Duration: 05:21 Caroline Criado-Perez, Laura Bates, Allegra McEvedy's perfect hangover food