Trains and tears - Phyliss and Freda
Over 70 years ago, Phyliss and Freda were sent away from their own homes and into the worlds of people they didn’t know.
They were evacuees during the Second World War.
What do they remember of the experience and the emotions that went with it?
Did their mothers send them away?
Did they want them to go?
They consider the choices their mothers made and what they might have done with the same choice so many years ago.
Available since: Mon 11 Nov 2013
This clip is from
It's surprising what you hear when you listen.
Capturing the nation in conversation. Conversations on the theme of friendship.
Capturing the nation in conversation
Capturing the nation in conversation. Conversations with History Themes.
Capturing the nation in conversation.
More clips from The Listening Project
- Harry Potter and the new school spell - Grace and Marie Duration: 03:18
- The relapse and the relationship – Nabbs and Maria Duration: 03:30
- My brother, your baby – Jane and Marie Duration: 03:28
- A working relationship – John and Laura Duration: 03:22
- Adoption: fighting for the future – Soo and Kristy Duration: 03:26