Trail: Strange Days: Cold War Britain
Historian Dominic Sandbrook takes a fresh look at life in Cold War Britain.
For Sandbrook, these are the years in which we were both more secure and prosperous than we had ever been, and at the same time lived every day with the very real possibility of nuclear annihilation.
Available since: Wed 6 Nov 2013
This clip is from
Historian Dominic Sandbrook takes us back to the strange years of the Cold War.
More clips from Original Series
More clips from Strange Days: Cold War Britain
- Hungary and the Suez Canal in 1956 Duration: 04:59 Learning Zone
- Margaret Thatcher – The Iron Lady Duration: 06:57 Learning Zone
- Ronald Reagan's 'Ash Heap of History' speech in 1982 Duration: 04:13 Learning Zone
- The Cuban Missile Crisis Duration: 05:39 Learning Zone
- Winston Churchill’s Iron Curtain speech in 1946 Duration: 06:15 Learning Zone