"Chef's Jamaican-style dish apology not good enough" - Nottingham
Celebrity chef Marco Pierre White has apologised for any offence caused by an online video of him demonstrating how to cook 'Jamaican-style' chicken with rice and peas.
The cookery demonstration - using garden peas instead of the traditional red kidney beans or gungo peas, and white chicken legs once cooked - has spread like wildfire on social media.
It's led some to set up an online petition calling for an apology to the people of Jamaica. The video has since been removed from Knorr's official YouTube channel and website. But the Nottingham founder of one online petition, Simeon Nugent, tells Reya El-Salahi he feels an apology isn't good enough.
Available since: Wed 6 Nov 2013
This clip is from
Join Reya El-Salahi on BBC Radio Nottingham
More clips from Reya El-Salahi
- Talking about racism in football is dangerous Duration: 03:39 09/03/2014
- Falling rates of employment for black Britain: "Why is no one reporting what is happening?" Duration: 04:04 02/03/2014
- "Too black to be white, too white to be black" Duration: 04:15 02/03/2014
- Oscars: Racial barriers hold back Hollywood's black talent Duration: 03:25 02/03/2014
- Black Britain facing biggest fall in employment Duration: 03:58 23/02/2014