The Daleks were created by the Kaled scientist, Davros as travel machines. He had deduced that the years of radiation and chemical poisoning from an ongoing war would lead his race to mutate into immobile organisms.
The Dalek travel machines would house these creatures and allow the Kaleds to survive. However, in the course of his experiments, Davros deliberately removed what he considered to be debilitating emotions from the mutants and a force of evil was spawned!
The Daleks were born without any ability to feel compassion or pity and were motivated only by hate, fear and an implacable belief that they were the superior creatures in the Universe.
- The Brains behind the Brawn Duration: 01:46 Doctor Who, Series 5, Victory of the Daleks
- The Eleventh Doctor challenges the Ironside Daleks Duration: 01:57 Doctor Who, Series 5, Victory of the Daleks
- The Daleks' Master Plan: Escape Switch Duration: 02:14 DW - website content
- Clip from Dalek Duration: 02:07 Doctor Who, Series 1, Dalek
- The Monster Files - The Daleks Duration: 04:04 Doctor Who, Series 4, Journey's End
- The Monster Files - Davros Duration: 03:41 Doctor Who, Series 4, Journey's End
When the Doctor is kidnapped by his oldest foe, he is forced on an impossible mission.
Winston Churchill summons the Doctor to Blitz-torn London, but the Daleks are waiting.
The Adventure Games are a series of downloadable games available for free in the UK.