Billy Bragg - The Science of Songwriting
From euphoria to misery, music has the ability to change people's minds and lives. With help from BBC Radio 4's Claudia Hammond, Steve investigates the science behind what makes our brain sing. Here, Billy Bragg peels back the layers of emotion in his song-writing and expose how a collection of sound-waves can move people. He tells Steve how to write a love song, what should come first, the music or the words and if there is a typical way he would compose a song of love.
Available since: Thu 31 Oct 2013
- Interviewed Guest
- Billy Bragg
This clip is from
Lammo warms up for Roundtable and chats with Billy Bragg about writing love songs.
First broadcast: 31 Oct 2013
Watch and listen to the very best music moments brought to you from BBC 6 Music.
More clips from Steve Lamacq
- Alt-J live in session Duration: 24:53 Alt-J Live at Maida Vale
- Catfish and the Bottlemen - Live Session Duration: 22:53 Catfish and the Bottlemen in session
- Royal Blood - Live Session Duration: 21:32 Royal Blood live in session
- Machine Gun Etiquette - Classic Album of the Day Duration: 19:32 Classic Album of the Day: The Damned
- David Woodcock talks to Steve Lamacq Duration: 10:17 David Woodcock - New Favourite Band