'Gay visitors welcome' in Singapore, despite legal ban
Homosexuality is illegal in Singapore, but Lionel Yeo of the country's tourism board says gay visitors are welcome and there are no issues about same sex couples sharing a room. He told Fast Track's Rajan Datar that the law banning homosexuality was not being enforced.
But while homosexuality is illegal, prostitution is not. Rajan takes a night time tour of the Geylang district described as seedy, edgy, spiritual and authentic all at the same time.
Available since: Mon 28 Oct 2013
More clips from Singapore
- Younger Singaporeans 'want their voice to be heard' says actor Adrian Pang Duration: 01:49
- Tower blocks - the backbone of Singaporean society Duration: 01:31
- The Singapore island lost in time Duration: 01:51
- The airport filled with art, slides and tropical gardens Duration: 03:24
- Is this Singapore's most expensive nightclub? Duration: 01:50
More clips from Fast Track
- Taking the Mallakhamb yoga challenge Duration: 01:29 08/02/2014 GMT
- Indian drivers urged to stop honking horns Duration: 02:17 08/02/2014 GMT
- What will 2014 mean for travel? Duration: 01:30 14/12/2013 GMT
- Looking back on the travel headlines of 2013 Duration: 06:31 14/12/2013 GMT
- How a cheap business class ticket could leave you grounded Duration: 04:05 14/12/2013 GMT