Will robots soon be nursing you in hospital?
Rosalind Picard, a professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, told HARDtalk robots will never completely replace doctors and nurses but they will have a role in healthcare.
Professor Picard is credited with starting the branch of computer science known as affective computing which looks at how computers could be developed to understand and respond to human emotions, leading to the possibility of greater roles for robots.
Available since: Thu 24 Oct 2013
More clips from HARDtalk
- Streatfeild: We must learn lessons from Afghanistan Duration: 01:50 Major Richard Streatfeild
- State breeds violence in Rio says director Jose Padilha Duration: 03:31 Jose Padilha
- Brazil lost World Cup 'off the pitch' Duration: 03:24 Romario and Luis Fernandes
- Emmanuel Jal raps about his time as a child soldier Duration: 03:01 Emmanuel Jal
- Ukraine PM: 'We will retaliate against Russian aggression' Duration: 02:08 Arseniy Yatsenyuk