Located in the former laundry building on the Torrisdale Castle Estate, the Torrisdale Tannery specialises in the production of naturally coloured sheepskins and deer skins using an ancient tanning method that produces a superior skin. The odour-free tanning method uses only organic materials, tree bark, salt and water. Euan gets a tanning lesson from Tannery owner Mary Macalister Hall.
Available since: Mon 21 Oct 2013
More clips from Landward
- Rare Whisky Tour Duration: 01:58 2014/2015, Episode 5
- The science of breeding Aberdeen Angus Cattle Duration: 00:23 2014/2015, Episode 4
- The role of Gamekeepers from Highland sporting estates during the First World War. Duration: 00:58 2014/2015, Episode 3
- Nick’s Scallop Ceviche Duration: 01:09 2014/2015, Episode 2
- Pinemarten research in Glenmore Forest Park Duration: 01:47 2014/2015, Episode 1