Surgeons carry out a womb transplant
Surgeon Gabriel Weston witnesses Professor Mats Brannstrom and his team carry out a womb transplant from a mother to her daughter as part of a research project at the University of Gothenburg in Sweden. (Contains scenes of surgery).
Follow the link below for a short article to accompany this video.
Available since: Thu 17 Oct 2013
More clips from Episode 2
- What to do if someone starts choking Duration: 03:29
- Should we all take statins to prevent heart attacks? Prof Rory Collins explains why he thinks so Duration: 09:47
- Should we all take statins to prevent heart attacks? Dr David Bailey explains why he thinks not Duration: 08:21
- Prof Nicholas Wald gives his opinion on the usefulness of various health tests Duration: 02:25
- Why, and how, do you transplant a womb? Duration: 07:23
More clips from Trust Me I'm A Doctor
- What to do if someone collapses in front of you Duration: 04:32 Episode 1
- What to do if someone starts choking Duration: 03:29 Episode 2
- What to do if you come across someone drowning Duration: 04:10 Episode 3
- The great allergy mystery! Duration: 05:19 Episode 3
- How air pollution can cause heart attacks Duration: 05:52