British Legion Struggles For Members In Parts of Northamptonshire
A number of branches of the Royal British Legion across Northamptonshire have expressed concern about fewer and fewer active members. There are just 8 active members of the British Legion in Thrapston and only 4 in Kettering.
Reporter Martin Borley has been assessing Legion membership numbers in the County and speaks to the chair of the Kettering branch, Andy Smith.
Stuart talks to Kettering Conservative MP Phillip Hollobone, to Veronica McCurdy, the secretary, treasurer and Poppy Appeal organiser for the Thrapston branch of the British Legion, and to Bill Rose, who chairs the Legion in Northamptonshire.
• A Northants MP & the University of Northampton want more support for parents of toddlers
• Cosworth Engineering are visited by the Business Secretary Vince Cable
• how Towcester Racecourse celebrated AP McCoy’s 4,000th winner
• a Daventry clothes bank runs out of storage space
• sporting success celebrated at the Northamptonshire Sports Awards