The discovery of the Cheapside Hoard
Shaun Leane reveals how the fabulous stash of jewels were discovered by accident on a London building site and takes a look at some of the most breath-taking pieces in the hoard.
Available since: Mon 14 Oct 2013
This clip is from
8/12 The story behind a trove of Elizabethan and Jacobean jewels discovered in London in 1912.
First broadcast: 15 Oct 2013
More clips from The Hidden Jewels of the Cheapside Hoard
More clips from Secret Knowledge
- The hidden pug Duration: 01:11 Hogarth - One Man and His Pug
- Why Pugs? Duration: 01:57 Hogarth - One Man and His Pug
- Kissing The Ring Duration: 01:39 Hogarth - One Man and His Pug
- Tracey Emin on I Am Afraid by Louise Bourgeois Duration: 01:53 Tracey Emin on Louise Bourgeois - Women Without Secrets
- Tracey Emin on Poids by Louise Bourgeois Duration: 01:53 Tracey Emin on Louise Bourgeois - Women Without Secrets