James Purnell: We want a BBC that’s simply run
James Purnell, the BBC's Director of Strategy and Digital, on simplifying the BBC and reducing bureaucracy.
Available since: Thu 10 Oct 2013
Listen to a selection of clips from recent and upcoming programmes.
More clips from BBC digital strategy; Press reform
More clips from The Media Show
- Hacking special Duration: 28:23 Hacking trial special
- 'The past hangs on Britain sometimes like an old duvet' Duration: 01:26 Lenny Henry at the Baftas; Decriminalizing licence fee evasion; L'Wren Scott coverage
- Should the World Service be running adverts? Duration: 02:13 Adverts on the World Service; Daybreak changes; Reader's Digest sale
- Benefits Street - a fair and balanced portrayal? Duration: 02:46 Benefits Street; future of the BBC
- Why you shouldn't compete with your presenting partner on screen. Duration: 00:51 TV presenter chemistry