Energy Minister: "To a certain extent, the market has failed consumers"
The energy minister, Conservative MP Greg Barker, admits there's too little competition in the energy market, and that "to a certain extent" it's failed consumers. He says the price rise announced by SSE today is "shocking" and that he wants to increase competition by making it easier for new companies to get into the market.
Available since: Thu 10 Oct 2013
This clip is from
News from around the UK with Shelagh Fogarty. Including sport, politics, and money news
The best finance and business content from BBC Radio 5 live
More clips from Shelagh Fogarty
- Gay aversion therapy in 1960s: "Lying in my excrement" Duration: 02:23 12/12/2013
- Couple celebrate as court says scientology is a religion Duration: 02:04 11/12/2013
- Should spitting in public be banned? Duration: 02:10 09/12/2013
- Former SA Minister: "Blinded" to apartheid injustices Duration: 01:17 06/12/2013
- RBS apology after system failure Duration: 03:10 03/12/2013