Elderly care: 'It's not the way it should be done'
On Monday the Today programme heard from 83-year-old Sally Lubanov - an elderly woman who receives 15 minutes of care a day - following a report by a that works with disabled people has done research which suggests that the number of such short visits has risen significantly over the past few years. Tracey Currey, from Swindon, was a care worker for two years but left because her employer would not let her do more than the "bare minimum" for clients, outlines the situation from her perspective.
Available since: Tue 8 Oct 2013
More clips from 08/10/2013
More clips from Today
- Are Cold War spy novels making a come back? Duration: 03:44 18/04/2014
- Formica 'a modern miracle' Duration: 04:29 17/04/2014
- Beards 'becoming less attractive' due to overkill Duration: 04:32 16/04/2014
- Henri Matisse's 'beautiful' cut-out artworks Duration: 05:43 16/04/2014
- The sounds of World War One Duration: 04:21 15/04/2014