Dr Michael Hayden on the 'pain gene'
Dr Michael Hayden tells the story of how he and his team came to discover a gene that is vital to how we all feel pain, and how this discovery could lead to a whole new range of painkilling drugs.
Available since: Thu 3 Oct 2013
This clip is from
1/3 Dr Michael Mosley discovers why we want to control pain and how we ultimately did it.
First broadcast: 03 Oct 2013
More clips from Pain
More clips from Pain, Pus and Poison: The Search for Modern Medicines
- Introduction to Episode 3: Poison Duration: 02:17 Poison
- Introduction to Episode 2: Pus Duration: 00:43 Pus
- Michael Mosley puts a needle through his hand Duration: 01:34 Pain
- Dr David Wilkinson tells the gruesome history of anaesthesia Duration: 07:15 Pain
- Michael Mosley tries laughing gas Duration: 02:41 Pain