Michael Mosley tries laughing gas
Dr Michael Mosley attempts to describe Humphrey Davy's discovery of the effects of nitrous oxide - whilst taking it himself.
Available since: Thu 3 Oct 2013
This clip is from
1/3 Dr Michael Mosley discovers why we want to control pain and how we ultimately did it.
First broadcast: 03 Oct 2013
More clips from Pain
More clips from Pain, Pus and Poison: The Search for Modern Medicines
- Introduction to Episode 3: Poison Duration: 02:17 Poison
- Introduction to Episode 2: Pus Duration: 00:43 Pus
- Michael Mosley puts a needle through his hand Duration: 01:34 Pain
- Dr David Wilkinson tells the gruesome history of anaesthesia Duration: 07:15 Pain
- Michael Mosley takes the truth drug thiopental Duration: 04:56 Pain