Titanic violin and Paul Merton
Neil chats with comedian Paul Merton and hears about the tour which comes to the south this week.
And, on the weekend that the violin once owned by Titanic band leader Wallace Hartley goes under the hammer, Neil talks to the auctioneer about the instrument’s history and the man himself.
Lena Samuels reviews another DVD. Hampshire county bowler Steve Whitehead brings us up to date with news and results from the bowls leagues, Chris Carnegy has his take on the local news agenda with some original poetry and there’s a chance to help compile the A-Z playlist.
For those on the roads across the south of England, there is travel news as it happens. And a smile is promised as the weekend draws to a close.
Neil's Sunday evening programme is a mix of reviews and previews from the world of arts and culture, mixed with a selection of music that will leave you wanting more.
BBC Radio Solent offers a choice of listening on a Sunday evening. Neil is on FM, AM and online. The Paul Miller Soul Show is on digital radio and online.
A-Z Playlist. Musical Instruments.
- Andrews Sisters – Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy
- Bermuda Triangle – Barry Manilow
- Centrefold - J. Geils Band
- Dr. Hook – When You’re In Love With A Bugle Woman
- Elton John – Piano Man
- Fiddler On The Roof - Topol
- Goldley & Crème – Under Your Drum
- Hurdy Gurdy Man - Donovan
- It’s A Harp Ache – Bonnie Tyler
- Jim Reeves – Distant Drums
- Knowing Me Knowing Uke - Abba
- Living In A Squeeze Box – Blow The House Down
- Marti Cello – Close To You
- Nicola Roberts – Beat Of My Drum
- Oboe – Bob Dylan
- Penny Whistle Lover – Lionel Richie
- Quick Joey Small – Kasenatz-Katz
- Rose Garden - Violin Anderson
- Sugar Candy Kisses – Mac and Katie Bassoon
- Tubular Bells – Mike Oldfield
- U2 – With Or Without Ukulele
- Viola - Ultravox
- While My Guitar Gently Weeps – The Beatles
- Xylophone – Birthday Waltz
- Yesterday Has Gone
- Zev Confrey – Kitten On The Piano Keys