Could tourists' hunger for whales threaten the species?
Over the last two years international visitors to Iceland have increased by an average of 20% per year.
Many visitors go in search of the country's wildlife and whale watching in the Atlantic Ocean is the most popular pursuit.
But tourists are also keen to try whale meat and it is this demand which may jeopardise the chance of seeing the animals living in their natural environment.
Anna Holligan reports.
Available since: Fri 27 Sep 2013
More clips from 28/09/2013 GMT
More clips from Fast Track
- Visiting one of the world's fastest growing cities Duration: 04:33 30/11/2013 GMT
- Insider Guide: Bat migration Duration: 04:04 02/11/2013 GMT
- Can you escape jet lag? Duration: 07:34 30/11/2013 GMT
- Travel Clinic: Do airlines track customers' searches? Duration: 04:13 23/11/2013 GMT
- Meeting Chengdu's giant pandas Duration: 01:30 23/11/2013 GMT