How does the use of music make French cinema so distinctive?
Rana Mitter continues the Sound of Cinema Season by talking to critics Ian Christie and Muriel Zagha about french cinema. From Rene Clair's 1930 film Sous les toits de Paris to Jean Luc Godard's Prénom Carmen, how important has music been in creating France's distinctive cinema reputation?
Available since: Thu 26 Sep 2013
This clip is from
Radio 3’s flagship arts programme until 2013. Over 350 editions available in the archive.
More clips from Night Waves
- David Adjaye Duration: 08:37 The Passenger, David Adjaye
- "It changed my way of thinking about acting" - Richard Wilson on Yasujiro Ozu's Tokyo Story Duration: 00:31 Landmarks: Tokyo Story
- Actor Richard Wilson's film recommendation Duration: 00:19 Landmarks: Tokyo Story
- Landmark: Lawrence of Arabia, June 2008 Duration: 43:36 Peter O'Toole Appreciation, Genetics and Education, Japan at Christmas, Dragons
- Peter O'Toole in Lawrence of Arabia, the 50th Anniversary, December 2012 Duration: 15:59 Peter O'Toole Appreciation, Genetics and Education, Japan at Christmas, Dragons