"The Corby Code" Launched To Combat Rogue Employment Agencies
An attempt to sideline rogue employment agencies is launched in Northamptonshire.
A Code of Practice for employment agencies and companies which use them has been drawn up in Corby. It follows complaints by workers that they're being treated unfairly by cowboy agencies.
Corby reporter Martin Borley summarises what the Code covers and reporter Elinor Cross meets people in Corby who have used employment agencies. Stuart talks to Corby Labour MP Andy Sawford, and to Jean Lenton, a director of the employment agency "Interaction Recruitment" which has offices across the country including Kettering, Northampton and Wellingborough.
• some of the winners of the Northamptonshire Food & Drinks Awards
• some of the winners of sports awards in Corby, Daventry & Northampton
• Aidy Boothroyd meets Cobblers’ fans
• Northamptonshire Association for the Blind moves out of Wardington Court
• Guide Dogs is looking for volunteers from across Northants, including puppy walkers
• Northamptonshire Police want to recruit “mystery shoppers”