MP's To Debate A14 Toll Plan
A special debate is held in Parliament about proposals to introduce a toll on part of the A14. A five week consultation on the £1.5 billion plans attracted more than 800 responses.
If it goes ahead a new 12 mile stretch of road would be built to the south of Huntingdon and the existing road would be closed.
Lorries could be charged £3 to use the new toll road and cars would be charged between £1 and £1.50.
Reporter Tom Percival meets motorists at Thrapston services on the A14, while Stuart talks to Councillor Jim Harker, Leader of Northamptonshire County Council, to John Howells, the regional director of the Road Haulage Association, and to Sian Berry from the Campaign for Better Transport.
• people in sheltered accommodation in East Northants lose support workers visits
• the National Citizens Service in Northants recruiting 16 & 17 year olds for the Autumn
• the Trust that supports food banks in Towcester & Corby says there’s huge demand
• the science & engineering links between Northamptonshire & China
• your help needed for BBC Radio Northampton’s World War 1 commemorations