Meet the woman opting for preventative surgery to beat breast cancer
When actress Angelina Jolie announced that she'd had a preventative double mastectomy to reduce her risk of genetic breast cancer, she helped make other women aware of the dangers.
One leading cancer charity says it now receives four times the number of inquiries from women concerned that they might be carrying the gene which would make them more likely to develop the disease.
News of Angelina's operation became public in May.
It was around then that another woman, Bobbie Lamden, was preparing for her own surgery.
Breakfast's Graham Satchell met her.
Available since: Tue 24 Sep 2013
More clips from 24/09/2013
More clips from Breakfast
- Sophie Kinsella on juggling writing and motherhood Duration: 05:53 25/02/2014
- Paloma brightens up Breakfast Duration: 06:42 21/02/2014
- Can you predict an earthquake? A seismologist explains Duration: 04:08 21/02/2014
- The life and times of blues legend BB King Duration: 06:41 21/02/2014
- Mentally ill children treated on adult wards far from home Duration: 06:20 20/02/2014