Andrew Marston introduces live music from Dead:Lung (Great Malvern)
Unsigned, undiscovered and under-the-radar music, as recorded at the Worcester Music Festival.
In session, live at the Worcester Music Festival
He's influenced by Feed Me, Skrillex, Deadmau5, KOAN Sound, Pegboard Nerds and Zomboy - and this was his first ever live performance as a musician.
His stage name, Dead:Lung, originated after suffering breathing difficulties at college.
All of our live studio sessions and festival gigs since 2005
Worcester Music Festival
Acts from as far away at Austalia and India queued up to play during the three day event, which was staged in aid of two local charities.
More local festivals...
This week we catch up with the editor of Slap Magazine (Supporting Local Arts & Performers).
As well as running a free monthly publication, the team often stage their own gigs as well.
They've also had to print extra copies this summer because of the number of festivals taking place in our area.
- The harpist, who's toured the world with Snow Patrol, comes to Bewdley.
- The Correspondents make a return to the area after last performing at Nozstock.
- Details of north Worcestershire's very own last night of the proms.
- The Marches Military Wives Choir perform at Hereford Cathedral.
- The Golden Valley's Bird Radio launches his debut album in London.
- Kington's Ellie Goulding is off on tour around the UK.
Ellie Goulding @ BBC Maida Vale
Ellie Goulding, from Lyonshall near Kington, recently topped the charts with her single Burn - and to celebrate, she performed a very special set at the world famous BBC Maida Vale Studios.
More success stories from Herefordshire & Worcestershire...
- Jared Newbery & Harry Phillips at the University of Worcester's Open Mic night.
- The Pull at the Great Malvern Hotel.
- Eagles Born Vultures at the Bridge Inn, Worcester.
- Junction 7 at the Talbot, Worcester.