Neil Brand on the superhero soundtrack
Film composer Neil Brand tracks the evolution of the superhero soundtrack from the 'positive' Superman of John Williams, to the 'dark' Man of Steel of Hans Zimmer, by way of Poledorous's Robocop and Kamen's X-Men. (From The Film Programme 13 Jun 2013)
Available since: Tue 10 Sep 2013
This clip is from
The Film Programme Zack Snyder on Man of Steel; Neil Brand on superhero soundtracks; Ulrich Seidl's Paradise trilogy
Francine Stock talks to director Zack Snyder about the latest Superman film, Man of Steel.
First broadcast: 13 Jun 2013
A selection of clips from interviews with the film composer Neil Brand.
More clips from Zack Snyder on Man of Steel; Neil Brand on superhero soundtracks; Ulrich Seidl's Paradise trilogy
More clips from The Film Programme
- Mark Gatiss on movie detectives Duration: 05:42 Mark Gatiss, Peter Fonda, World Cup v Cinema
- Military Adviser Dale Dye Duration: 07:32 Toby Jones; Fanny Ardant; Chinese Cinema before the Revolution
- Toby Jones on the Dad's Army film Duration: 00:53 Toby Jones; Fanny Ardant; Chinese Cinema before the Revolution
- A tour of the British Isles in accents Duration: 01:23
- Harvey Weinstein on meeting Nelson Mandela Duration: 03:01 Harvey Weinstein; Xmas gifts from the film world; Alfonso Cuaron on Gravity