Father's rejection still affects actor Steven Berkoff
Actor, writer and director, Steven Berkoff, has told HARDtalk's Allan Little that being rejected by his father has shaped his personality.
Mr Berkoff said his father had not wanted a second child and did not want him to be conceived.
He said the rejection still affects him and leads him to seek other people's approval. "If the guy is a decent director, I will do anything for them. I will get on my knees, I will clean the floor, I will do anything to show I am a loyal worker," he said.
Available since: Tue 3 Sep 2013
More clips from HARDtalk
- Islamic State: Will Turkey let Kobane fall? Duration: 03:39 Mehmet Fatih Ceylan
- 'Families want me to negotiate with IS, but I cannot' Duration: 02:46 Giandomenico Picco
- David Tang on Hong Kong protests Duration: 01:21 Sir David Tang
- 'No carbon tax for Australia' Duration: 02:37 Joe Hockey
- 'Russia will not integrate into the West' Duration: 02:39 Alexander Stubb