Father's rejection still affects actor Steven Berkoff
Actor, writer and director, Steven Berkoff, has told HARDtalk's Allan Little that being rejected by his father has shaped his personality.
Mr Berkoff said his father had not wanted a second child and did not want him to be conceived.
He said the rejection still affects him and leads him to seek other people's approval. "If the guy is a decent director, I will do anything for them. I will get on my knees, I will clean the floor, I will do anything to show I am a loyal worker," he said.
Available since: Tue 3 Sep 2013
More clips from HARDtalk
- Springer: Show provides an 'escape from life' Duration: 03:21 Jerry Springer
- 'No compromise on right to bear arms' Duration: 03:12 David Keene
- Tymoshenko has the backing of Ukrainians says daughter Duration: 02:47
- Naftali Bennett: Israeli settlements must stay Duration: 04:15 Naftali Bennett
- Tanzania will not sell ivory stockpile, says minister Duration: 02:38 Lazaro Nyalandu