Father's rejection still affects actor Steven Berkoff
Actor, writer and director, Steven Berkoff, has told HARDtalk's Allan Little that being rejected by his father has shaped his personality.
Mr Berkoff said his father had not wanted a second child and did not want him to be conceived.
He said the rejection still affects him and leads him to seek other people's approval. "If the guy is a decent director, I will do anything for them. I will get on my knees, I will clean the floor, I will do anything to show I am a loyal worker," he said.
Available since: Tue 3 Sep 2013
More clips from HARDtalk
- Streatfeild: We must learn lessons from Afghanistan Duration: 01:50 Major Richard Streatfeild
- State breeds violence in Rio says director Jose Padilha Duration: 03:31 Jose Padilha
- Brazil lost World Cup 'off the pitch' Duration: 03:24 Romario and Luis Fernandes
- Emmanuel Jal raps about his time as a child soldier Duration: 03:01 Emmanuel Jal
- Ukraine PM: 'We will retaliate against Russian aggression' Duration: 02:08 Arseniy Yatsenyuk