Father's rejection still affects actor Steven Berkoff
Actor, writer and director, Steven Berkoff, has told HARDtalk's Allan Little that being rejected by his father has shaped his personality.
Mr Berkoff said his father had not wanted a second child and did not want him to be conceived.
He said the rejection still affects him and leads him to seek other people's approval. "If the guy is a decent director, I will do anything for them. I will get on my knees, I will clean the floor, I will do anything to show I am a loyal worker," he said.
Available since: Tue 3 Sep 2013
More clips from HARDtalk
- Trans-Dniester leader: ‘We are alive, we exist’ Duration: 03:03 Yevgeny Shevchuk
- Moldova PM: There is nothing worse than 'uncertainty' Duration: 03:14 Iurie Leanca
- The wine collection with a Nazi past Duration: 01:50 On the Road: Moldova
- BBC exclusive interview with Hamas leader Khaled Meshaal Duration: 03:56
- Hamas is ‘threatening’ Palestinian civilians says Israel’s former deputy defence minister Duration: 04:04 Danny Danon