Father's rejection still affects actor Steven Berkoff
Actor, writer and director, Steven Berkoff, has told HARDtalk's Allan Little that being rejected by his father has shaped his personality.
Mr Berkoff said his father had not wanted a second child and did not want him to be conceived.
He said the rejection still affects him and leads him to seek other people's approval. "If the guy is a decent director, I will do anything for them. I will get on my knees, I will clean the floor, I will do anything to show I am a loyal worker," he said.
Available since: Tue 3 Sep 2013
More clips from HARDtalk
- IS 'direct result' of Assad's campaign in Syria - Ali Khedery Duration: 03:25 Ali Khedery
- 'No realm for reconciliation' with Islamic State Duration: 03:18 General Bishop Angaelos
- Abdullah Abdullah 'committed' to sharing power with Ghani Duration: 04:44 Abdullah Abdullah
- Dr Mads Gilbert: Life as a doctor in a Gaza hospital Duration: 03:11 Dr. Mads Gilbert
- Iraqi Kurds 'need weapons, not boots on ground' - Masrour Barzani Duration: 00:23 Masrour Barzani