Father's rejection still affects actor Steven Berkoff
Actor, writer and director, Steven Berkoff, has told HARDtalk's Allan Little that being rejected by his father has shaped his personality.
Mr Berkoff said his father had not wanted a second child and did not want him to be conceived.
He said the rejection still affects him and leads him to seek other people's approval. "If the guy is a decent director, I will do anything for them. I will get on my knees, I will clean the floor, I will do anything to show I am a loyal worker," he said.
Available since: Tue 3 Sep 2013
More clips from HARDtalk
- More states need to join ICC says former chief prosecutor Duration: 04:07 Luis Moreno-Ocampo
- Eurozone 'wasted' two years Duration: 02:46 Peter Bofinger
- People do not mix in unequal societies says Prof Dorling Duration: 03:07 Danny Dorling
- Chrissie Hynde on 'blagging' confidence Duration: 02:12 Chrissie Hynde
- McCain: Putin 'rebuilding Russian empire' Duration: 03:07 John McCain