"You can see that I have the disposition of a hobbit"
Paul Theroux responds to a reader who suggests he can come across as grumpy.
Available since: Wed 28 Aug 2013
Books and authors - clips and interviews of authors on Radio 4
More clips from Bookclub
- Sadie Jones on Surrey as the dark heart of Britain Duration: 03:12
- Lorrie Moore: “I was at a moment where the novel was wide open. I saw this painting so I put it in.” Duration: 01:41
- Emma Donoghue on her kidnap story 'Room': "I had to act like the characters’ captor when writing the book" Duration: 01:10 Emma Donoghue - Room
- Author of The Slap on the moment that inspired his novel Duration: 02:00 Christos Tsiolkas - The Slap
- I had many letters from people who said ‘I was bereaved and this is exactly how I felt…’ Duration: 01:16 John Banville - The Sea