Darwin was not the first evolutionist
Lisa Jardine, Rebecca Stott and Aileen Fyfe on the others who had evolutionary ideas. These scientists included zoologist Robert Grant, and Darwin’s own grandfather, Erasmus.
Available since: Wed 28 Aug 2013
Listen to a selection of clips from recent and upcoming programmes.
More clips from Seven Ages of Science
- Reduced industrial support for science 'a significant problem' Duration: 02:00 Age of Now
- How a sci-fi "death ray" may have inspired radar Duration: 02:08 Age of War
- Victorians "valued" lab-made, artificial products Duration: 02:13 Age of the Lab
- Why was Wedgwood china a "remarkable" 18th century creation? Duration: 01:38 Age of Opportunity
- Early plant-naming system 'scandalised English botanists' Duration: 01:36 Age of Exploration