Should parents be trained to give their children therapy?
It's estimated that in every classroom there are 3 children with mental health problems.
Psychologists say their parents should be trained to help them claiming long waiting lists for NHS treatment, and the expense of going private, might make counselling from Mum and Dad an interesting new option.
Charlie and Naga discussed the proposal with Dr Cathy Creswell, a clinical psychologist who led the research. She was joined by the GP Dr Rosemary Leonard.
Available since: Fri 23 Aug 2013
More clips from 23/08/2013
More clips from Breakfast
- Sophie Kinsella on juggling writing and motherhood Duration: 05:53 25/02/2014
- Paloma brightens up Breakfast Duration: 06:42 21/02/2014
- Can you predict an earthquake? A seismologist explains Duration: 04:08 21/02/2014
- The life and times of blues legend BB King Duration: 06:41 21/02/2014
- Mentally ill children treated on adult wards far from home Duration: 06:20 20/02/2014