Director of the CDC Tom Frieden on stopping the H7N9 virus in its tracks. Photo © by aspeninstitute-internal.
Influenza is one of the most feared infectious diseases around the world. Tom Frieden explains how the US and China now collaborate, using cutting edge genomic sequencing techniques, to prevent the global spread of new flu strains.
Available since: Thu 22 Aug 2013
This clip is from
With Margaret Hamburg, Thomas Frieden and Anthony Coles.
First broadcast: 24 Aug 2013
More clips from The Forum
- Is modern medicine presenting us with impossible ethical choices? Photo: Liv Øvland Duration: 02:46 The Forum @ Risor: Outcasts
- Is the desire to be invisible anti-human? Duration: 00:22 Invisibility
- Freakonomics author Steven Levitt: are you being paid what you’re worth? Duration: 00:36 Challenging Assumptions
- Forum 60-Second Idea: How a Pinocchio nose would improve our conversations. Duration: 01:02 Social Intelligence
- Why gold makes good teeth Duration: 00:51 Gold