Notting Hill director Roger Michell on why Julia Roberts couldn’t cope with Cannes
Robbie Collin talks to director Roger Michell about film festivals and who really benefits from them.
Available since: Thu 15 Aug 2013
This clip is from
Robbie Collin talks to Roger Michell about film festivals and who really benefits.
First broadcast: 15 Aug 2013
Listen to a selection of clips from recent and upcoming programmes.
More clips from The Film Programme
- A tour of the British Isles in accents Duration: 01:23
- Harvey Weinstein on meeting Nelson Mandela Duration: 03:01 Harvey Weinstein; Xmas gifts from the film world; Alfonso Cuaron on Gravity
- Daniel Radcliffe talks about playing the Beat poet Allen Ginsburg in Kill Your Darlings with co-star Dane DeHaan Duration: 01:52 Kill Your Darlings; Nebraska; A Long Way From Home; BIFA Awards
- Emma Thompson on playing author PL Travers as she wrestles with handing over her beloved Mary Poppins to Disney Duration: 00:55
- Jude Law: 'I've always wanted to direct' Duration: 00:48 Jude Law on Dom Hemingway; Lee Daniels on The Butler; Vivien Leigh's centenary