Emancipation Day exhibition celebrates Caribbean heroes
A touring exhibition showcasing the stories of West Indian heroes that helped free the enslaved people in the Caribbean, has been launched.
The Windrush Foundation won thousands in funding from the Heritage Lottery to create the project, which will see a second phase later this year.
It opened at the Marcus Garvey Library in London...to mark the 175th anniversary of Emancipation Day in the Caribbean.
BBC UK Black reporter Colleen Harris was there, and sent this report.
Available since: Mon 12 Aug 2013
This clip is from
UK African and Caribbean news and cultural programming highlights from BBC local radio.
More clips from UK Black
- The Sky At Night with Dr Maggie Duration: 07:02
- "He opened opportunities for South Africans" - mother and daughter tribute Duration: 01:37
- Mandela - Britain's African Idol Duration: 26:30
- Aml Ameen: "I got tired of the same roles" Duration: 07:36
- Movember: Colin Jackson goes for the Daley Thompson Duration: 05:09