Unlock doors by wearing jewellery
NFC - near-field communication - was meant to be the next big thing. But, allowing payments or communication without touch being necessary has proved a difficult market to crack.
Spencer Kelly reports on how one company is hoping placing NFC technology in jewellery will make people more likely to invest in the technology itself, testing a ring that can unlock everything from a phone to a front door.
Available since: Wed 14 Aug 2013
More clips from 10/08/2013 GMT
More clips from Click
- Hiding currency in the Dark Wallet Duration: 03:55
- Webscape: Rewind sounds in your life Duration: 04:14 20/09/2014 GMT
- Tech for night time photography Duration: 02:10 13/09/2014 GMT
- The evolution of smart watches Duration: 02:17 13/09/2014 GMT
- Smart mirror offers wrinkle advice Duration: 04:21 13/09/2014 GMT