Could we grow our own meat at home?
Professor Mark Post talks to HARDtalk about the science behind the development of his lab-grown burger and his future vision for meat that could be grown in the kitchen.
Prof Post argues meat production is an unsustainable burden on the environment and with global demand for meat set to double by 2050, consumers will have to consider alternatives.
Available since: Thu 8 Aug 2013
More clips from HARDtalk
- More states need to join ICC says former chief prosecutor Duration: 04:07 Luis Moreno-Ocampo
- Eurozone 'wasted' two years Duration: 02:46 Peter Bofinger
- People do not mix in unequal societies says Prof Dorling Duration: 03:07 Danny Dorling
- Chrissie Hynde on 'blagging' confidence Duration: 02:12 Chrissie Hynde
- McCain: Putin 'rebuilding Russian empire' Duration: 03:07 John McCain