Could we grow our own meat at home?
Professor Mark Post talks to HARDtalk about the science behind the development of his lab-grown burger and his future vision for meat that could be grown in the kitchen.
Prof Post argues meat production is an unsustainable burden on the environment and with global demand for meat set to double by 2050, consumers will have to consider alternatives.
Available since: Thu 8 Aug 2013
More clips from HARDtalk
- 'No realm for reconciliation' with Islamic State Duration: 03:18 General Bishop Angaelos
- Abdullah Abdullah 'committed' to sharing power with Ghani Duration: 04:44 Abdullah Abdullah
- Dr Mads Gilbert: Life as a doctor in a Gaza hospital Duration: 03:11 Dr. Mads Gilbert
- Iraqi Kurds 'need weapons, not boots on ground' - Masrour Barzani Duration: 00:23 Masrour Barzani
- Rasmussen: Appeasement ‘can encourage’ tyrants Duration: 02:53 Anders Fogh Rasmussen