Could we grow our own meat at home?
Professor Mark Post talks to HARDtalk about the science behind the development of his lab-grown burger and his future vision for meat that could be grown in the kitchen.
Prof Post argues meat production is an unsustainable burden on the environment and with global demand for meat set to double by 2050, consumers will have to consider alternatives.
Available since: Thu 8 Aug 2013
More clips from HARDtalk
- Springer: Show provides an 'escape from life' Duration: 03:21 Jerry Springer
- 'No compromise on right to bear arms' Duration: 03:12 David Keene
- Tymoshenko has the backing of Ukrainians says daughter Duration: 02:47
- Naftali Bennett: Israeli settlements must stay Duration: 04:15 Naftali Bennett
- Tanzania will not sell ivory stockpile, says minister Duration: 02:38 Lazaro Nyalandu