Your Paintings - Vincent Van Gogh’s ‘Van Gogh’s Chair’
A statue comes to life in a magical gallery and climbs into the painting 'Van Gogh’s Chair' by Vincent Van Gogh. Inside the painting she explores Van Gogh’s use of colour and light to express feelings, and his choice of a chair to represent him as a kind of self-portrait. We learn about the techniques Van Gogh used in his paintings, and his placement within the artistic world at the time of the painting and beyond.
In a mixture of live action, animation and elements of the painting itself, the clip brings the painting to life and ends by encouraging viewers to choose an object that would represent them best in a self-portrait.
Available since: Tue 6 Aug 2013
More clips from Episode 2
More clips from Your Paintings
- Your Paintings - Jan van Eyck’s ‘Arnolfini Portrait’ Duration: 05:39 Episode 2
- Your Paintings - Yinka Shonibare’s ‘Line Painting’ Duration: 05:42 Episode 2
- Your Paintings - Kandinsky’s ‘Schaukeln’ Duration: 05:23 Episode 2
- Your Paintings - Eileen Agar’s ‘Bride of the Sea’ Duration: 05:51 Episode 2
- Your Paintings - Joseph Wright of Derby’s 'Orrery' Duration: 06:05 Episode 1