Poorly paid or paid enough? - Derby
The Archbishop of York John Sentamu is to head a year-long commission into employers paying a living wage of £7.45 as opposed to the minimum wage £6.19.
He says it's a 'national scandal' that businesses have ignored a moral duty to ensure that all employees are paid enough to live on.
In this clip Devon Daley hears from Derby black business woman Sonia Thompson, who gives her views from a business and community perspective.
Available since: Tue 30 Jul 2013
This clip is from
65th anniversary of the Windrush ship's UK arrival. Guests look back and to the future.
More clips from Devon Daley
- Mandela tribute: "He's left us with a tool of hope" - Derby Duration: 04:01
- Mandela's Long Walk To Freedom - and influence Duration: 16:59
- Masai leadership skills passed on to English universities - Derby Duration: 03:00
- Nonso Anozie: cracking Hollywood and his hopes for 'Nollywood' Duration: 05:36
- The man behind the Derby County takeover deal - Derby Duration: 05:32