Recreating a beating human heart
At the Texas Heart Institute Dr Doris Taylor has created a beating human heart in a jar using adult stem cells and a pig's heart - the technique may one day replace transplants.
Available since: Mon 29 Jul 2013
This clip is from
2/6 The team go on a journey through time to discover what it is and how to get more of it.
First broadcast: 01 Aug 2013
More clips from Adventures in Time
More clips from Dara O Briain's Science Club
- Gravity defying ferro-fluids Duration: 01:24 Series 2, Invisible Worlds
- Synthetic vaccine Duration: 01:42 Series 2, Invisible Worlds
- Carbon nanotubes Duration: 01:32 Series 2, Invisible Worlds
- What's a millisecond worth? Duration: 02:05 Series 2, Size Matters
- Big data, tiny lives Duration: 01:18 Series 2, Size Matters